Terms & Conditions
1. Tax The Print Company (North West) Ltd reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice. 2. Preliminary Work & Bespoke Work All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer’s request, shall be chargeable.
- All work made to order, made to measure, decorated to order, or otherwise described as bespoke, whether experimentally or otherwise, at the customer’s request, shall be chargeable.
- Refunds are not and will not be made available except at the absolute discretion of representatives of The Print Company (North West) Ltd.
3. Copy Where any additional work of whatever nature is necessary as a result of copy supplied by a customer not being clear and/or legible, The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover such additional work. 4. Proofs Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer’s approval and The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the customer. When style, type or layout is left to The Print Company (North West) Ltd discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis. 5. Copyright
- Unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of general artwork, commissioned artwork and illustrations and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall vest in and belong to The Print Company (North West) Ltd.
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd may use any artwork or printing produced by itself for the purposes of promotion.
- The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authorities and consents to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, copyright text and/or any other reproducible materials (“Materials”) prior to instructing The Print Company (North West) Ltd to reproduce the same.
- The customer shall indemnify and hold The Print Company (North West) Ltd and its agents and representatives harmless against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of any claim (including but not limited to the defence of such claim) that the reproduction of the Materials by The Print Company (North West) Ltd infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or misuses the confidential information of a third party.
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd claim copyright on all design, text, illustrations, graphics, photographs, diagrams, drawings, logos and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material content of any Website owned, controlled or operated by The Print Company (North West) Ltd.
- No reproduction of any part is allowed without written permission.
6. Company Imprint Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing any work may carry The Print Company (North West) Ltd imprint which will be positioned at The Print Company (North West) discretion. 7. Delivery & Payment Turnaround is measured in Working Days, defined as days on which the clearing banks in the City of London are open for normal business. For orders made on a Guaranteed Turnaround service (being orders guaranteed to be ready within a certain period (the “Guaranteed Period”)), delivery (as more particularly described in paragraph 9(b) below) will be made no later than 10pm on the last Working Day of the Guaranteed Period. Should The Print Company (North West) Ltd fail to deliver within the Guaranteed Period (see also paragraph Variations in quantity), a service “credit” may be awarded up to the value of the order in question (redeemable against future orders within 6 months of issue of the Credit in question) (the “Credit”). The customer will still be obliged to pay in full for the order in respect of which delivery was late, including any of the sums charged specifically for the provision of the Guaranteed Turnaround Service (“the Premium Charges”). Where the late delivery is as the result of the action or inaction of a third party, such as a carrier, The Print Company (North West) Ltd, at their absolute discretion, may elect to extend the Turnaround by one Working Day and the customer shall not be awarded a Credit during this time. In addition:
- These services rely on the customer not delaying the progress of the order in any way (which delays include but are not limited to, the customer not returning proofs by the time specified by The Print Company (North West) Ltd or failing to make payment by the time such payment is due) (a “Customer Delay”). In the event of a Customer Delay the customer shall not be awarded a Credit and the customer shall still be obliged to pay the Premium Charges but The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall not be bound to deliver within the Guaranteed Period.
- Delivery of work by The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall be deemed to take place upon collection of the work by the customer (where the customer is obliged to collect the work) or (where The Print Company (North West) Ltd is obliged to deliver the work) actual delivery of the work to the customer by The Print Company (North West) Ltd . Where the customer is obliged to collect the work, customer’s failure to collect the work on the day on which The Print Company (North West) Ltd is contractually obliged to have it ready for collection shall be classed as a Customer Delay. Where The Print Company (North West) Ltd is obliged to deliver the work to the customer but the customer provides The Print Company (North West) Ltd with incomplete or incorrect delivery information or is not available to accept delivery, then provided that The Print Company (North West) Â Ltd has used reasonable endeavours to deliver the work to the customer, a failed delivery shall be classed as a Customer Delay.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved, including without limitation, the cost of couriers or special delivery post.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days or more The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
- Risk of loss of or damage to work completed by The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall pass to the customer on delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the work to the customer, ownership of and title to the work shall not pass to the customer and shall be retained by The Print Company (North West) Ltd until The Print Company (North West) Ltd has received payment in full in respect of the work.
- In the unlikely event that The Print Company (North West) Ltd deems it necessary to re-print work, the Guaranteed Period shall recommence from the time of The Print Company (North West) Ltd confirmation to the customer of its agreement to reprint the work.
8. Variations In Quantity Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations are immaterial and that The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall have no liability in respect of such variations. For other variations The Print Company (North West) Ltd entire liability will be to award a Credit. The Customer’s sole remedy in respect of shortages will be a re-print of the entire shortage quantity of the relevant work, to be undertaken by The Print Company (North West) Ltd within a reasonable period of time. The Customer shall not be entitled to a Credit in respect of an Additional Shortage. 9. Claims Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to The Print Company (North West) Ltd and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to The Print Company (North West) Ltd and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to The Print Company (North West) Ltd within 28 days of delivery. The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible. 10. Liability The Print Company (North West) Ltd gives no warranties or guarantees or makes any representations as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any completed work the subject of a customer’s order and all other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, whether express or implied, oral or in writing, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded. The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in transit not caused by The Print Company (North West) Ltd. Further, The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings or loss of data. The total aggregate liability of The Print Company (North West) Ltd in respect of any and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with the customer’s order and The Print Company (North West) Ltd performance of services pursuant to such order (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall (subject to the provisions of paragraph 10) be limited to the sums paid to The Print Company (North West) Ltd by the customer in respect of the order pursuant to which liability has arisen. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude liability which cannot, pursuant to English Law, be excluded or limited including for death or personal injury or liability in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. 11. Standing Material
- Metal and other materials owned by and used by it in the production of plates, screens, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain the exclusive property of The Print Company (North West) Ltd. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
- Lithographic, together work or other materials supplied by the customer may be effaced or destroyed immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall be entitled to make additional charges.
12. Customer’s Property
- The customer’s property and all property supplied to The Print Company (North West) Ltd by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of The Print Company (North West) Ltd or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure such property accordingly.
- Where a customer fails to collect work within 20 working days from notification to the customer of completion of the work, The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall be entitled, at its discretion, to either store the work until actual delivery or collection is made and charge the customer for the costs (including insurance) of storage or to destroy such work (provided that the customer shall nevertheless remain liable for payment in respect of the relevant order).
13. Materials Supplied by the Customer
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which it considers to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by The Print Company (North West) Ltd in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by the customer.
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage accordingly if the quantities of materials supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage (“an Insufficient Supply”) then The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity to the extent that such shortfall arises as a result of such Insufficient Supply.
14. Credit Terms and Payment For invoices not settled within the agreed credit terms or for payments returned unpaid (such as cheques, credit cards or similar), The Print Company (North West) Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on the overdue debt at 2.75% above the NatWest base rate at the time and an administration fee to cover its debt recovery costs and any other costs relating to the collection of payment. The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as Amended and supplemented by the Late Payment Of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 will also be applied. 15. Insolvency If the customer ceases to pay its debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay its debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against it, The Print Company (North West) Ltd without prejudice to other remedies shall (i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to The Print Company (North West) Ltd, and (ii) in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in The Print Company (North West) Ltd ‘s possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days’ notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as The Print Company (North West) Ltd thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts. 16. Illegal Matter
- The Print Company (North West) Ltd shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 7 above, the customer shall indemnify and hold The Print Company (North West) Ltd harmless against all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of the work it is required to produce pursuant to a customer order being or alleged to be defamatory.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.